Pages

October 13, 2010

No Ordinary Family - Review

Tuesdays at 8:00/7:00c on ABC

Overview
I found this show by accident. I was surfing around for super hero stuff (mostly Marvel related). After reading a short summary about the show, I decided to give it the usual three episode chance. My first impression was The Incredibles meets Heroes. This of course was more than enough to make me want to watch it.

Episode 1
The pilot episode was actually really well done. They did a good job showing the dysfunctional family going on a vacation, and having a horrible life/death situation happen. You would think that it would bring them together as a family, but it didn't. At least not in the long run. It was the development of super powers that did it.

Episode 2
This episode covers how they adapt to normal life with their new found super powers. Each having their own issues with the power and learning how to cope with it. Pretty realistic, as far as super hero shows go.

Episode 3
The family continues trying to balance out everyday life and super powers. The episode does a good job showing how the family is still having problems, and having powers is making things a bit more complicated. The daughter craves for the chance to be normal again, but I personally don't see what the big deal is. It's clearly shown in the first episode that she didn't have much of a life before the powers. She went from no life to no life, but with the ability to read minds when she wanted to. I can't stand people in shows, games, and comics that have super powers, but complain about them.

Wrap Up
The show isn't too bad. It's a family show, so there isn't as much action as there can be, but to be fair the show is just getting started. I can see this being at least a few seasons long. With the random showings that there might be others out there with powers, they can do a lot plot wise. Villains and allies are some of the more given plot twist I can see happening. If you like super hero stuff, than I say you should give this one a chance. I wont make a final verdict until I see more. I'm still worried it might flop/cancel. ABC seems to be famous for that.

Watch - Episode 1 (Hulu)
Watch - Episode 2 (Hulu)
Watch - Episode 3 (Hulu)

No comments:

Post a Comment