Pages

September 25, 2010

Fall 2010 Anime List - Prediction Review

It's that time of the year again. The leaves are starting to turn, the wind is picking up, school is starting, and the new season of Anime is starting to air. Bellow is a list of new Anime airing in Japan this season. Along with any information I could gather on and a personal opinion review on each one. Once I get a chance to watch more of each show, I'll probably do individual reviews.
Star Driver: Kagayaki no Tact
Genre: Mecha, Fighting, Action
On a cross-shaped island in the South, a mysterious and gigantic humanoid robot known as the "Cybuddy" is discovered sealed in the underground ruins. The Order of the Glittering Star Cross abducts a girl named Wako Agemaki, the key to activating the robot. A boy named Takuto Tsunashi arrives with his own Cybuddy named Tauburn to rescue her.

Sounds like a pretty basic giant robot anime to me. Judging from the sound of it, it could either be like Gundam, or Gurren Lagann. I hoping it's the later. It'll be interesting to see that kind of scale along with the comedy mixed together again. I however don't have very high hopes for this. Reason being; Most Mecha Anime shows are pretty much the same.

Hyakka Ryoran Samurai Girls
Genre: Action, Fighting
In an alternate future, the Tokugawa shogunate never lost power and Japan mainstrained its enforced seclusion from the rest of the world. The 25th shogun assumed the mantle of Japan's leadership 20 years ago, and the student council enforces the suppression of rebellious elements at a giant academy for children of military families at the foot of Mt. Fuiji.

This one actually sounds really interesting. It's pretty much old school Samurai within the modern world. I personally love alternate history/timelines stuff, and look forward to seeing how well done this turns out. Judging from the name, it's probably going to be a bit Ecchi too. Which can be a good thing, but also can take away from the seriousness of the show.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
Genre: Comedy, Fighting, Supernatural, Ecchi
The story revoles around two angels - "Panty" (a blond-haired girl who wears teen-celbrity style fashion); and "Stocking"(a black-haired girl in gothic-lolita attire) - are send from the Upper Region to battle against "Ghosts" on Earth.

I'm actually not sure about the genre of this one. I only guessed, since I couldn't find much information at the moment. Judging from the name, it's gotta be an Ecchi Comedy. It seems there is a large number of comedy shows airing this season. Might be a good thing. It evens out when you take in the account that the mainstream Anime shows are reaching major storyline climaxes. 



Invasion! Squid Girl
Genre: Comedy, Fighting(?), Drama(?)
The sea in the world has been polluted. All sort of trash were thrown into thesea, making it upleasant deep under the sea. One of the inhabitants of the sea, Ika Musume (Squid Girl) seeks to exact revenge on humanity for throwing trash into the sea.

I'm not too sure about this one. Sounds like an anti-oil spill anime. However, the picture I found of it made the show look adorable. I'm not too interested in it, but I'll give it a try. Might actually involve fighting and what not. Too early to tell at this point.

Super Robot Wars: The Inspector
Genre: Mecha, Fighting
It's a bunch of giant robots beating each other up... No storyline as far as I know.

Eh.... I really couldn't find much information on this. From what I gather, it's just a show about robots fighting. Might be fun to watch, if the fights are done nicely. However, I'm not too sure on the quality of this. I'll need to watch an episode or two, before I can give a better prediction review.

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute!
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Otaku
Kousaka Kyousuke is an average high school studen who doesn't get along well with his younger sister, the cute and popular Kirino. Then one day he makes a startling discovery: Kirino's secretly an Otaku.

Okay. I'll admit. I thought this was just another incest Anime. We really don't need any more of those, but after talking to someone about it, it might actually be more then that. I added Romance to the genre, because that's what it sounds like it's going to be. However, there hasn't actually been anything announced that states it's a Romance. Might actually be an Otaku anime. 

Otome Yokai Zakuro
Genre: War, Romance, Drama... or Comedy
The fox-eared girls living in the youkai part of town are about to be put to work together with a delegation of young human soliders, to promote interracial understanding. So when will happen when Zakuo's strong personality collides with human sensibilities?

This one can go two ways. It can be a Romantic Comedy, or it can be filled with Drama, War, and Fighting. I couldn't find enough information on it right now. I'm pretty interested in this one, so I'll be looking forward to the actual episodes. I want to see which direction it will take.



Bakuman
Genre: Otaku, Romance, Comedy
Moritaka Mashiro is an average 9th grade studen but talented artist, and Akito Takagi, an overall advanced 9th grader and aspiring writer. Takgi convinces Mashiro to join him in becoming the greatest mangakas Japan has ever seen. Takagi, with his gift of writing, hopes to become a sucessful mangaka, and Mashiro, with his gift of art, hopes to mary the girl of his dreams, Azuki Miho.

I'm looking forward to this one. I truly enjoy Otaku Anime shows and wanted to see another one based around making Manga. 



Fortune Arterial
Genre: Vampires, Romance
The story revolves around a transfer student named Kohei Hasekura who discovers that his new remote island school, Shuchikan Academy, has a female vampire named Erika Sendo within its student body.

Another Romantic Anime based around Vampires. Highly over done these days. As long as they don't sparkle, I'll watch it.

The World God Only Knows
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Katsuragi Keima is a god at eroge games, while in real life he hates all real girls. However he is approached by a devil, Elsee, from to help her in catching runaway spirits that hide in people. Apparently the spirits only hide in the hearts of girls and the only way to get the souls out is by making the girls fall in love so the spirit gets forced out.

Someone told me to read this Manga a long time ago. I told them I did, but the truth is, I only bookmarked it. Surprising to me, they're doing an Anime now. Which gives me an excuse to also check out the Manga. I'm super interested in this one, because it just sounds insanely funny and ironic. I will enjoy doing a full review once the show finishes.



MM
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Taro Sado is a normal high school boy who discovered a side of himself that is into masochism. Even as he triest to hide his side from his high school crush, he tries to fix it through his school's "2nd Volunteer Club."

Meh. I don't know what to say about this. The main character sounds like a pussy. 

Yosuga no Sora
Genre: Slice of Life
Haruka Kazugano and his twin sister Sora have found childhood memories of going to the viilage to visit their grandfather during their summer vacations. However, after losing their prents in an accident, the two must move in with their grandfather.

This sounds like a good old fashion Slice of Life story. Probably have quite a few Flash Backs to help tell the story. Might be pretty cute to watch. My prediction is that it's only going to be 12 ~ 13 episodes.


Agricultural Musume
Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life
The story of Nogyo Musume! centers around Hikari and Hikaru Koshino, two sisters who take care of the paddy they inherited from their parents. Together, the sisters grow rice and hang out with their friencs in the local area.

I'm not going to lie. This one sounds incredibly boring. Hopefully the comedy is done in a way that makes watching the entire season bearable. More then likely it's going to be another 12 ~ 13 episodes.



Rita et Machin
Genre: Comedy, Slice of Life
Based off a book by the same name. The books follow the happy daily lives of a precocious five-year-old girl named Rita and an easy-going yet somewhat lazy dog named Machin.

All I can say about this, is that I hope it's not a few hundred episodes long. They tend to over do shows like this, because they target young children. I'm hoping that it'll be similar to Rugrats, in the sense that you can see what she's imagining. 

Robin and his 100 Friends
Genre: Silce of Life(?)
The story revolves around a boy named Robin who moves from downtown to Geen Village and is determined to make many friends there.

I wonder if it's going to have 100 episodes. Each episode he makes a new friend? I can see it happening. I wouldn't mind if they did that. As long as the animation and story telling is good. 

Togainu no Chi
Genre: Action, Fighting, Crime
Akira, the young champion of a street fighting tournament caleld BI@ster, is suddenly arrested for a crime he didn't commit. He makes a deal with a mysterious woman to get out of prison on one condition: to defeat the strongest man, the Il-Re, in a deadly game called Igura, which is taking place under the rule of a drug ring in the abandoned remains of Tokyo.

This one sounds really interesting. If done correctly, I can see this becoming an awesome Shōnen type show.  A bit more mature then the others, but still has cool fight scenes and power-ups.


Soredemo Machi wa Maqatteriru
Genre: Comedy, Crime, Detective
The story centers around Seaside, a slightly odd maid tea shop in an otherwise ordinary shopping district of a mundane neighborhood in Tokyo. (Despite the addition of maids, Seaside is a traditional maid tea shop, instead of one of the maid cafes made popular elsewhere.) Hotori Arashiyama works at Seaside and daydreams about being a high schol gir detective.

Harriet The Spy in Anime form? Sounds about right to me. I'll be looking forward to seeing what end up doing with this show. It has a couple of possibilities. The only fear I have, is that it turns out to be a children's show. With really lame detective parts. Like finding a lost cat or something.

Psychic Detective Yakumo
Genre: Crime, Supernatural
Yakumo Saitou was born with different eye colors. His red left eye gave him a special ability to see ghosts and spirits. Being asked for help by Haruka Ozawa, he usses his power to help him solve cases.

I think this has been done a few times. Not in anime, but in live action American shows. I remember hearing about a few shows like this. Like Ghost Whisper or whatever it was called. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes
Genre: Crime
The story takes place in an imaginary world in "the Age of Dectectives", where private dectives and phantom thieves overwhelm the cities. It's about four girls who aim to be great detectives. 

This sounds like One Piece, but with Detectives instead of Pirates. Might be either really good or really bad. Way to early to judge this one right now.



Karl and the Mysterious Tower
Genre: Comedy(?), Mystery
The story centers around Every morning, noon, and evening, an old timekeeping man ringst he bell in a mysterious tall tower built from a stack of building blocks. However, one day at noon, the tower bell fails to ring - leaving the townspeople confused about when to eat lunch.

My prediction is this is going to be a half season Anime. Something about 12 or 13 episodes. Possibly some OVA's and maybe a Movie. I can't see it being very long. There's not a lot of room for story development from what I know so far.

Battle Spirits: Brave
Genre: Comedy , Parody
Based off a manga about children's trading cards... in AMERICA!

One word: Awesome! I hope this is as good as I think it's going to be. I'm looking forward to a lot of laughs.


Pokemon: Best Wishes!
Genre: Unknown
Based on Pokemon Black & White, from what I know of.

Yeah... I don't know how I feel about this.


Everything else that is coming out is either OVAs, Movies, or 2nd/3rd Seasons to shows that's out already. I wont bother writing reviews on them right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment