Pages

September 25, 2010

Pokemon FireRed - Review


I know many of you have already played this game. It's quite old now. However, I wasn't sure where to start when it came to reviews, and thought I'll do an older game that I enjoyed. FireRed is the updated version of Red. It covers the original storyline, with a few Generation 2 Pokemon added in. You start off as a young boy/girl who embarks on a journey to become a Pokemon Master. The town's Professor gives you a starter Pokemon. His grandson, who happens to be your rival, also receives a free Pokemon. Depending on which element you choose, your rival will always choose the one that is stronger against the type you've chosen. You then receive the Pokedex and continue through the game collecting Pokemon data for the Professor.


Do you have what it takes to be a Pokemon Master? I've formed a few challenges to for everyone who's already beaten the game, to take. I, myself, am thinking about doing these challenges as well. I need to get a hold of a program that will allow me to record myself playing, so that I can make videos of me doing the challenges.

Challenge 1: 100% Completion
  • All TMs/HMs
  • Pokedex Completed
  • All Badges Collected
  • Caught/Evolved All Pokemon In Game Version
Challenge 2: Hardcore Mode
  • Release Any K.O.'d Pokemon
  • All TMs/HMs
  • Pokedex Completed
  • All Badges Collected
Challenge 3: Lone Wolf 
  • Can't Capture Pokemon
  • All TMs/HMs
  • All Badges Collected
Challenge 4: Chaos-Mode
  • Capture First  Pokemon You See*
  • No Pokemon In Bill's PC**
  • Release Any K.O.'d Pokemon
  • All TMs/HMs
  • All Badges Collected
  • Can't Capture/Use Legendary Pokemon
*Only counts for Wild Pokemon. As in, non-Legendary. If you already have that Pokemon or have had it, you may choose not to catch it, and catch the next on you don't have or have had.

**If you recieve a Pokemon through storyline or something similar, you may keep it in Bill's PC. However, once you have less then 6 Pokemon in your party, you MUST remove one, in the order they were put into the box, to fill the empty slot(s). 

1 comment: