Pages

September 26, 2010

Pokemon: FireRed - Challenge Update


This is my first attempt at recording game play. I decided to try out one of my own challenges, since I actually have been thinking about it for a few weeks. Even before the blog site idea popped into my head. As you can see in the video, I'm doing the Lone Wolf Challenge. 
  • Can't Capture Pokemon
  • All TMs/HMs
  • All Badges Collected
I'm not sure if I'm going to bother doing the all TMs/HMs part of this. It's mostly to see how far I can get, before my Pokemon KO's. That's right.... I'm borrowing Rule 1 of Hardcore Mode.
  • Release Any K.O.'d Pokemon
I also created a point system. I figured it'll give it a little something extra. Let's see who can get the High Score! The point system is as follows:

  • Bulbasaur As Starter = +2 Points
  • Squirtle As Starter = +5 Points
  • Charmander As Starter = +7 Points
  • Beat Rival = +10 Points For Each Pokemon
  • Each Trainer Defeated = +5 Points For Each Pokemon
  • Gym Leaders & Elite Four = +50 Points Each
  • Level Up = +1 Point (Might take this out) 
  • Pokemon Center or Rest (Not the move) =  -2 Points
  • Run Away From Battle = -5 Points
  • Every Non-Key Item Used = -1 Point (Might take this out)
The video only goes from the beginning of the game to after I defeated the first gym leader. I edited out all the random battles, since it was pretty boring to watch. Not to mention the video started to get pretty lengthy. I finished with 107 Points. Can anyone do better?

No comments:

Post a Comment