Pages

November 18, 2010

The Karate Kid (New) - Movie Review

Columbia Pictures©
Summary
Work causes a single mother to move to China with her young son; in his new home, the boy embraces kung fu, taught to him by a master.
Rating: PG
Genre: Fighting
Year: 2010
Storyline
This was a really tough one to do. I have a pet peeve when it comes to remakes. A lot of them haven't been very well done. The Kirate Kid is a classic and probably should have never been touched, but after watching this, I'm glad it was. They stayed true to the original classic. It was an old story with a new feel to it. The concept was the same. It had some similar scenes, but with a slightly different look to them. I think this was done to show that this wasn't the original, but still inspired by it. The storyline for this film gave the message better then I could have ver imagined. If I was rating this, it would be five stars.
Sound & Music
I watched the behind the scenes and they talked a bit about the music in this movie. I felt the music was really well done. It had classical music, with Asian flutes mixed in. During some of the scenes it had mainstream hip-hop, which I'm pretty sure is only in the movie to give the children something to relate to. It wasn't over done and fit perfectly in the scene they put it in. I was extremely impressed with the music of this movie. They didn't use random music just so they could sell a soundtrack later. They actually used a live ocrastra. Five stars for sure!
Wrap Up
I hate remakes. I hate them even more if they're a remake to a classic movie. However, this movie did an excellent job. As far as I know, this is the first remake of a classic, that people accepted to the point where it'll probably be a classic itself. I enjoyed the movie and glad that I gave it a chance. I recommend it to everyone who hasn't seen it yet.
Related Links

No comments:

Post a Comment