Pages

November 03, 2010

Pretear - Anime Review

Hal Film Maker©Kadokawa Shoten©Rondo Robe©

Plot Summary
Himeno Awayuki was a normal sixteen-year old girl until her father married a woman who happens to be rich. Since then, she has been perceived as an outcast by both her new stepsisters and her classmates. Later Himeno finds out from seven men called the Leafe Knights that she is something called Pretear, a girl who has the power to merge with and control the nature of the elemental-oriented powers from the Leafe Knights and stop an evil being called the Princess of Disaster.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, Magical
Episodes: 13
Year: 2001

Episode 1
This was a bit different then what I was expecting. I really do feel for the girl. Her life reminds me a lot of Cinderalla. I thought she would go on a journey to find the Leafe Knights, but they were already all gathered and ran into her in the first episode. Takes a lot of the adventure away from the show. I would like to point out that the knights changed their clothes to fight. What is with the Japanese and having that in their shows? At least it wasn't indivisual transformation scenes. I would also like to mention that for a group of knights dedicated in protecting Leafe of the entire planet, they suck at fighting.

Episode 2
In this episode, Himeno Awayuki decided to practice using the special moves she can do while fused with one of the Leafe Knights. However, she only practices with one of them and of course it's the one she uses in the fight with Demon Larva. I also like to inform everyone that it's a one hit kill to all the Demon Larvas. Doing that makes the show less exciting then what it could be.

Episode 3
This episode is pretty much the same as the others. I'm guessing since there is only three episodes, there's enough time for her to fuse with each Leafe Knight twice, defeating a different larva each time. Of course, she'll use their special move to do a one hit kill each time. If this wasn't a half season anime, I wouldn't suggest it. However, I might as well finish it since it's not very long. Who knows? It might have a decent ending.

Thoughts On Completion
For the most part, Pretear, has a pretty interesting storyline. I enjoy the fact that there were different Knights that represent each Element and the fact she could fuse with any of them at any given time. However, I was disapointed in the fact that they didn't go into much detail with it. No upgrades to their special moves and no duel fusions. The storyline focused a lot on the feelings of each of the characters and the plot twists were decent for a short anime. They could have did a bit more with it, but I guess they didn't have enough time. The ending started off good, but took a horrible turn when they had the main  villain cry. Ruined the entire thing for me. It's an anime targeting 14 - 16 year old girls, so it's understandable that being love would save the world, but it was so over done that even the root of all evil did it. This was not for me, nor would I recommend it for any straight males older then 16. However, it's short enough to watch if you have nothing else to do, or if you're interested in trying out a new type of anime. To be fair it wasn't THAT bad and did keep me entertained through the entire series.

Music Related
Related Links
Like This

No comments:

Post a Comment