Pages

November 20, 2010

Scott Pilgrim vs The World - Movie Review

Universal Pictures©


Summary
Scott Pilgrim must defeat his new girlfriend's seven evil exes in order to win her heart.

Rating: PG-13
Genre: Comedy, Fighting, Romance
Year: 2010

Storyline
For the most part the storyline is pretty interesting. You have a guy who falls in love with a girl, who has evil exes that he must fight off to be with her. It really shows how much he's in love with her if he's willing to put up with all that. I haven't read the graphic novel, so I'm sure how close it is. I do know that they cut some of the side charaters, but I guess they weren't needed for the main point of the storyline.

Graphics
The special effects in this movie were mindblowing. Every single minute of the film there was something going on. I loved watching it just to see all the effects. I wish real life was like that.

Sound & Music
8-Bit music and random video game sound effects? Yeah... This movie has it all. Loved it. However, I don't think having the sound track would give me the same feeling as the movie did. Just because it doesn't have all the visuals, but that's just my opinion.

Wrap Up
Best movie I've seen in a long time. Probably the best retro movie I've seen since TMNT: Turtles Forever. I personally think they did an excellent job with this movie and I put it at the top of my to buy list. I recommened everyone to give this a chance. It might surprise you.

Related Links

No comments:

Post a Comment