Pages

November 13, 2010

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - Movie Review

20th Century Fox©


Summary
Security guard Larry Daley infiltrates the Smithsonian Institution in order to rescue Jedediah and Octavius, who have been shipped to the museum by mistake.

Rating:  PG-13
Genre:  Science Fiction, Comedy
Year:  2009

Storyline
It's pretty hard to judge the storyline. It's a family movie and a sequel. It had all the same characters in it as the first movie, which is always a bonus. The beginning part of the movie also made a lot of sense. However, I felt having the Egyptian King randomly have an evil older brother was a bit much. There wasn't really any need to have an actual villain, but I do like how he created an allied forces with other villain like people through time. Even Darth Vader made an appearance. Sadly, he couldn't use the force. The ending to the movie was pretty far fetched, but I guess it was the best they could to show that everything was going to be alright.

Graphics
This movie is really well done graphics wise. Who ever was in charge of the special effects, did an excellent job making everything look like it came to life. The costumes looked legit, and the scenes where they were entering the paintings were excellent. Mixing in the black and white graphics of olden times, really gave it the feel that anything was possible. The movie left me with an impressed amusement as far as graphics are concerned.

Sound & Music
I'm not going to lie, I don't really pay much attention to this while watching the movie. Unless something really stands out I don't even notice the music most of the time. Well, I do, but I don't give it much thought. There are however three singing cupids in this movie. Which of course sing love related songs. Not just classical, but newer rap like songs. I found this entertaining as far as music goes.

Wrap Up
All in all, this movie was pretty entertaining. It was a lot better then I thought it was going to be. I have such bad experiences with sequels that I was really worried that this would be terrible, but it was actually good. I recommend it for those of you who have families that like to get together and watch a movie from time to time.

Related Links

No comments:

Post a Comment