Pages

November 16, 2010

Public Enemies - Movie Review

Universal Pictures©


Summary
The Feds try to take down notorious American gangsters John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during a booming crime wave in the 1930s.

Rating: R
Genre: Crime
Year: 2009

Storyline
Based on a true story. Really well done in my opinion. Easy to follow. I just wonder just how much of the truth is told. I would have to look into it if I really wanted to find out.

Graphics
Did a good job showing the time period. The movie itself was a bit dark. I had the misfortunate of renting the wide screen edition, which I had to watch on my 12" TV. All these things combined made it a bit hard to see some of the stuff that was going on.

Sound & Music
When they were playing stuff on the radio it did sound like an old radio. The music they played was also from the correct time period. I say they did an excellent job.

Wrap Up
All in all, it wasn't that bad of a movie. I think it was bit over hyped, but it wasn't a bad movie. I found a lot of things in it to be very interesting. Like how the future FBI agents were as bad as the crooks and sometimes worst.

Related Links

No comments:

Post a Comment