Pages

October 07, 2010

The Event - Review

Mondays at 9:00/8:00c on NBC
Overview
I really had no idea what this show was about. I had never even heard of it. While surfing around Hulu looking for something to help me make time pass, I stumbled onto it. It seems to be a Sci-Fi & Drama show about activities within the government, that is related to aliens.

Episode 1
I'm really glad I didn't judge this show right away. The show has a horrible habit of bouncing in forth between different time periods, some not even having a point to the actual main plot. Most of the flash backs are random, and most were poorly done. I really had no idea what was going on by the end of the episode.

Episode 2
Less flash backs, but they were still there and still done poorly. They started to explain what was going on, but still left you with many unanswered questions. One being how obviously innocent and confused the main character was, but no one else seems to notice. Is everyone who's not working for the CIA stupid?

Episode 3
The creators of this show are HUGE fans of flash backs. More then half the show is flipping through different flash backs. It's so poorly done that I don't know if I can watch any more of this show. The entire concept is super interesting, but the way it's done is just horrible. The main character seems to be able to do everything to survive. He's in great shape and super smart.

Wrap Up
If episode 4 has as many random flash backs as these episodes then I will drop the show and not recommend the show to anyone. I'm still holding out that the show is just having a hard time getting started and it'll get better as it gets the plot moving. Sadly, a lot of shows either never get better or start off really good, but doesn't get popular fast enough and gets cancelled.

No comments:

Post a Comment