Pages

October 17, 2010

Star Driver Kagayaki No Takuto - Review Update

BONES©
Overview
On a cross-shaped island in the South, a mysterious and gigantic humanoid robot known as the "Cybuddy" is discovered sealed in the underground ruins. The Order of the Glittering Star Cross abducts a girl named Wako Agemaki, the key to activating the robot. A boy named Takuto Tsunashi arrives with his own Cybuddy named Tauburn to rescue her. Sounds like a pretty basic giant robot anime to me. Judging from the sound of it, it could either be like Gundam, or Gurren Lagann. I hoping it's the later. It'll be interesting to see that kind of scale along with the comedy mixed together again. I however don't have very high hopes for this. Reason being; Most Mecha Anime shows are pretty much the same.


Episode 1
I was expecting something way different. The show starts off like a normal high school anime. I thought I had the wrong episode at first. It quickly changes and shows some kind of cult that goes on under the school. Looks like all the school staff and most of the students are involve in some way. The mecha battle didn't make any sense and it ended way to fast. It was a simple one strike and it's over. I'm not to sure about this show right now, but I have to give it the usual three episode trial.


Episode 2
I'm glad they started to explain things in this episode. The fight was a lot better. It wasn't a simple one hit win. There might be hope yet. Sadly I woudn't like this if it was over half a season long. I can't see enough storyline to drive it for a full 26 episodes. At least not yet.


Episode 3
I don't understand. The main character comes equip with fighting abilities, an energy blast move, and duel swords. Where did he get them? How did he learn how to use them? Why is he so good at what he does? This who has a lot of unanswered questions, but I suppose that's the point. The storyline isn't too special. It's almost like they're just half-assing the storyling to have an excuse to do a 1-vs-1 mecha battle in each episode with everyone just standing around watching.


Wrap Up
Yeah.... I don't have much to say about this show. I wouldn't recommended it. It's got an interesting concept, but it didn't get it's point across within three episodes. They don't really do any character development either, so you really can't feel for any of the characters during the not planned out very well storyline. I was hoping this show would be halfway decent, but it looks like I'll just have to try out the other mecha anime that started and leave this for anyone who is super bored.

Watch - Opening (Youtube)
Like - This Show (Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment