Pages

October 28, 2010

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute! - Review Update

AIC©
Overview
Also known as, Ore No Imouto Ga Konna Ni Kawaii Wake Ga Nai (Long title, I know). I guess this can also be called, Oreimo for short. Kousaka Kyousuke is an average high school studen who doesn't get along well with his younger sister, the cute and popular Kirino. Then one day he makes a startling discovery: Kirino's secretly an Otaku. Okay. I'll admit. I thought this was just another incest Anime. We really don't need any more of those, but after talking to someone about it, it might actually be more then that. I added Romance to the genre, because that's what it sounds like it's going to be. However, there hasn't actually been anything announced that states it's a Romance. Might actually be an Otaku anime.

Episode 1
Pretty interesting concept. The younger sister has a younger sister fetish. Who would have guessed it? I'm pretty sure the copy of the episode I was watching cut off before the actual end though, so I may have missed something. However, it seems like the entire episode is about the brother finding out about his younger sister's fetish/hobby and deciding to help her hide it from everyone. She also seems to be demanding life counseling. Keep in mind that everyone in town thinks she's perfect and he's a loser. On to the next episode!

Episode 2
This episode covers Kousaka trying to help Kirino find Otaku friends without having her give up her school ones or for them to find out. It's quite an interesting episode. I found the argument about which anime genre was better to be most interesting. On another note, what's up with all these Fall anime shows having every female character blushing in every scene. It's not like they're even blushing, but it's drawn that way. I guess it does kinda make them look cuter, but it's way over done. This has to be the fourth or fifth show I've seen so far that did their art style this way.

Episode 3
This episode is so full of win. There's nothing better then an older brother challenging his overly stubborn father to protect his younger sister. I was cheering for him the entire time. This episode has me hooked on this show.

Wrap Up
Alright, the name of the anime is pretty werid. I was sure it was going to be the incest romance type, but I was completely wrong. It's more of a Slice-of-Life anime with an Otaku theme. For me, it took until the thrid episode to get me hooked. By the end of that episode you'll be rooting for the main character and feel so proud that he had the guts to stick up for his bitchy sister. I recommend this and know that I'll be watching more of this as soon as the episodes come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment