Pages

October 25, 2010

Invasion! Squid Girl - Review Update

Diomedea©
Overview
Also known as; Shinryaku! Ika Musume. The sea in the world has been polluted. All sort of trash were thrown into thesea, making it upleasant deep under the sea. One of the inhabitants of the sea, Ika Musume (Squid Girl) seeks to exact revenge on humanity for throwing trash into the sea. I'm not too sure about this one. Sounds like an anti-oil spill anime. However, the picture I found of it made the show look adorable. I'm not too interested in it, but I'll give it a try. Might actually involve fighting and what not. Too early to tell at this point.

Episode 1
Yeah, I don't know how to even review this. It's three episodes packed into one. Pretty much about the squid girl showing up to conqure some beach resturant and through random comical events ends up working there. That seems to be the basis of the entire show.

Episode 2
I can't help but to think that this show reminds me of Lucky Star. It's so random and doesn't really have a storyline. Not to mention the squid girl looks just like the blue haired chick in Lucky Star.  This episode was about life guards, birthdays, and cosplaying.

Episode 3
They actually introduced a character that is afraid of the squid girl. I think it makes the show more interesting this way.

Wrap Up
The show is interesting to watch. It seems to be for all ages. I suggest watching it when you're bored and have nothing better to do. I don't know if I would recommend watching it all in one sitting. There isn't really much of a storyline.

Watch - Opening (Youtube)
Like - This Show (Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment