Pages

October 28, 2010

Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru - Review Update

Shaft©
Overview
First I wanna point out that I originally mispelled this Anime in my Fall 2010 prediction review.  I had accidently spelt it, Soredemo Machi wa Maqatteriru. Anyway, the story centers around Seaside, a slightly odd maid tea shop in an otherwise ordinary shopping district of a mundane neighborhood in Tokyo. (Despite the addition of maids, Seaside is a traditional maid tea shop, instead of one of the maid cafes made popular elsewhere.) Hotori Arashiyama works at Seaside and daydreams about being a high schol gir detective. Harriet The Spy in Anime form? Sounds about right to me. I'll be looking forward to seeing what end up doing with this show. It has a couple of possibilities. The only fear I have, is that it turns out to be a children's show. With really lame detective parts. Like finding a lost cat or something.

Episode 1
So far there hasn't been a single decitive related thing. It's all about the small maid cafe. The characters in this show are ugly, but I'm thankful for the change in art style. I was getting bored with the same character designs.

Episode 2
Hotori is hopless. She's so childish and stupid. I don't see how she'll ever be a great detective. At least they finally showed something that was dectective related. Which is Hotori enjoyment when it comes to reading mysteries and watching detective shows.

Episode 3
At least the episodes are packed with random useless information.

Wrap Up
The artwork reminds me of Welcome to the NHK. The story itself is lacking. I got bored watching this. I don't think I would recommend it nor will I continue it. I almost fell asleep. They try to hard to be funny and there isn't really an actual storyline. I just had a hard time keeping interested in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment